An act of kindness can make a world of difference to your friends and family, elevating their mood and making them feel valued.
In addition, kind acts and words of kindness boost your own vibrational frequency. It helps you maintain a positive, generous mindset that attracts more of the same from the Universe. You might worry that you don’t have time to do something like this each day, but the good news is that even little acts of kindness can have huge consequences.
Here are twenty you can do for loved ones today! Let them inspire you to create further ideas of your own.
Random Acts Of Kindness For Friends And Family
- Take the time to send flowers to a friend or family member who is currently facing challenges. This can be quickly arranged and needn’t cost the earth. It sends a clear message that you’re thinking of the person and wishing them well.
- When you’re with a loved one who is struggling to make ends meet, pick up the tab. If they’re uncomfortable, reassure them that they can pay next time.
- Offer to do something in solidarity with a friend or family member in order to help them meet an important goal. For example, you might be a gym buddy for a cousin who wants to lose weight. Alternatively, start a new weekly art class with a friend who can be socially anxious.
- Babysit for a loved one who could really use a night off from childcare. This can make a massive difference for someone who has little time to be with their significant other or tend to their own needs.
Good Acts Of Kindness For Your Partner
- Acknowledge some of the reason why your partner makes the world a better place for you. You might just communicate these verbally, but you can also consider giving a card or leaving a note in their pocket that lists 5-10 things you love about them.
- Take care to really listen when your partner tells you about their day. Yes, you might well be tired and have news of your own to discuss, but tune into your partner’s words and try to offer empathy. Don’t underestimate the love and respect that this basic act can communicate.
- Do an extra chore without being asked, and without expecting anything in return. This is especially meaningful when your partner is overburdened at work, dealing with health issues or having interpersonal problems outside your relationship.
- Arrange all the details of a surprise date. Remember, it doesn’t need to be extravagant to have a positive impact. It could be as simple as a walk and a picnic, or a night at your favorite restaurant.
- Instigate a session of reminiscing with your partner. Share some of your treasured photos and funniest memories. This is a lovely reminder that you can still remember the early, more passionate days of being together and it underlines the value you place on the relationship.
Acts Of Kindness Ideas For Colleagues
- Acknowledge something helpful or inspiring that your coworker has done, especially if they tend to be under-confident.
- Make someone a cup of tea or coffee. Not because you feel you owe it to them or because want a favor, but just to save them some time and help to boost their energy.
- Take on a little extra work when you know someone is having difficulties outside of the office (while taking care not to over-burden yourself).
- Bake some simple snacks (e.g. cookies or muffins) and take them into work to share with everyone.
- Help colleagues network with people you know, demonstrating you view your co-workers as part of a team rather than simply as competition.
Simple Acts Of Kindness For Strangers
- Thank a public servant (e.g. a postal worker, police officer or fire officer) for what they do and offer them a real life example of why their service matters to you.
- Buy some food and give it to a homeless person. Try to choose something nutritionally dense that doesn’t require preparation, and consider handing over a hot drink if it’s a cold day.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the queue at the store, especially if they have only a few items or look highly stressed.
- Give someone a passing compliment on something they’re wearing, e.g. a smart coat, a pretty scarf or nice earrings.
- Do some simple yard work for someone on your street. For example, you might shovel some snow from their driveway or rake their leaves. And if you’re not sure what would be helpful, then ask!
One act of kindness could change someone’s day massively. Be kind, we can never know exactly what someone is going through. Also be sure to show yourself the same kindness you show others by performing some acts of kindness towards yourself